[sebhc] H-8 Repair

West, Ronald S. RONALD.S.WEST at saic.com
Mon Apr 5 09:45:24 CDT 2004

My good old H-8 is now alive and well. Had plugged in the zero org board
wrong last time I played with it and blew one of the 18v supplies on the
mother board. Pulled the thing apart this weekend and replaced both diodes.
Both of which were a dead short. Must be why the lights dimmed when I turned
the thing on.

Man! Its been a very long time since I did any of that stuff. I had to
search for everything. Went to the Shack and purchased a nice little stand
for my soldering iron with the little sponge in it for cleaning the tip.
Cost about $7.00. Not too bad.

Now I can get working on the IDE port idea.

Patrick - Can you give a location on that ftp site where the SY: driver will
be? I would be interested in that too.

Thanks,

Ron