[sebhc] RE: H8 tapes for Dave - archiving tapes?

Lee Hart leeahart at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 14 23:53:55 CDT 2004

Dwight K. Elvey wrote:
> I remember that you can have the tape card or the floppy
> card but not both because of a port overlap. This should
> be similar for the H8.

Heath had two I/O decoder ROMs for the H89. The early one (444-43)
decoded I/O addresses for the hard-sector controller board (H88-1),
3-port serial board (H88-3), and the cassette board (H88-5).

The later one (444-61) decoded I/O addresses for all 4 disk controller
boards (H17, H37, H47, and H67) and the 3-port serial board, but *not*
the cassette board.
--
"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the
world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has!" -- Margaret Meade