[sebhc] HUG disk 885-1095 - SY: driver

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Mon Apr 19 13:31:57 CDT 2004

Hi Jack
 I've recovered data in the past from HDOS disk ( hard sectored ).
The data is synchronous data and if often only missing 1 bit.
This means that the data returning is shifted towards the LSB
by one bit. If you can capture the read buffer before HDOS
over writes it, you can shift the bits, once or twice, to recover
most of the the rest of the data. Usually one can fill in the
missing parts by context ( even if it is code ).
 I used to do this with my Forth code that is on one of the images
that they will put on the web page.
Dwight