[sebhc] Success with tapes

Carroll Waddell CarrollWaddell at sc.rr.com
Sat Apr 24 06:31:53 CDT 2004

The H19 emulator is very primitive. The only thing you can change at
present is the baud rate. What I would like to do (now that I have tapes
working again) is to upgrade my emulation program to also emulate 2
cassette players. I would have to bypass the audio conversion part of
the H8-5 and connect directly to the usart. I thought it would be nice
to have a "cassette system" running at 4800 baud. Lee Hart asked a
couple of good questions about the emulation. It does not emulate ANSI
but only Heath. I am going to completely rewrite the program and also
have it emulate the switches that control the terminal. I really hadn't
thought about graphics, but I'll look into that. I just got my H19
terminal book out and will look at how the terminal operates.
I will upload both the emulation EXE and source code, and will also
upload the program that I used to create the tapes from the image files
in my PC. Should be able to do that in a day or two.
Carroll