[sebhc] Schematic

Walter Moore waltm22 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 27 20:10:12 CDT 2004

The H8-47 was not a soft-sectored controller.  It was an 8-bit parallel port
with a couple of handshaking lines.  The smarts were on the Remex 4810 disk
drive.  It had a 68B00, 68B21 and FD1791-2 for smarts.  The 4810 could talk
to other industry standard 8" drives as "slaves" (3 max, I don't know if
HDOS would allow all three).

The onboard processor would allow reading/writing through a buffer, so you
didn't have to worry about reading/writing in a given time interval.  It
also handled all formatting, etc.

I have thought that it would be very simple to connect an H8-47 controller
to a PC via the parallel port.  I haven't looked into this much, but it
can't be too hard (famous last words!).

..walt