[sebhc] source code development projects, SEBHC copyright policy and HDOS 3.0x

Pat Swayne me at patswayne.com
Thu Apr 29 08:20:28 CDT 2004

Jack wrote:

>Do you know the status of HUG contributions in general?
>Did software sent to HUG become HUG property?

I'm pretty sure the contributors retained the rights. But I wasn't the
expert in the business end of the deal.

>I know that HUG and REMark were funded by Heath -  was HUG a true part of
>the Heath Company?

Yes, so when Heath (Zenith) decided to lay off people, they laid us off as
well.

>Are you in touch with any other HUG staff?

Jim Buszkeiwicz passed away a few years ago. I think you can still reach
Bob Ellerton at trainman67 at aol.com. I haven't talked to him in a long time,
though. He'd be the best bet concerning history info, though.
-- Pat