[sebhc] New Archive postings

Mark Garlanger garlangr at verizon.net
Sat May 1 00:55:25 CDT 2004

Hi Jack,

   I doubt we will need the H29 docs anytime soon ;-).  It looks like the
H19 is tied closely to the H8 emulator. Although today is the first day I've
looked at the code, so I may be way off.

I haven't tried to load the HUG .h17 files, I doubt changing the header will
work. Those disk images support multiple files, with a directory, etc. The
tape images appear to be a single executable program.

I just now tried to run the .PID files in the DAP-H8-tapes directory after
renaming to .tape with the following results:

H8DEMO - works, see the message on the H8's LED panel.
HANGMAN - stops emulator with: "I/O write attempted to unimplemented port"
TED8 - stops emulator with: "I/O write attempted to unimplemented port"
BHBASIC - stops emulator with: "I/O write attempted to unimplemented port"
BUG8 - stops emulator with: "I/O write attempted to unimplemented port"
EXBASIC - stops emulator with: "I/O write attempted to unimplemented port"
HASL8 - stops emulator with: "I/O write attempted to unimplemented port"

I tried HANGMAN on David's release emulator and received the same "I/O
write" error message. I assume they all will give that same error.

Tomorrow I will try to enable some logging to see which port is causing the
problem.

Supporting the H17 and H37 would require loading in the OS (CP/M or HDOS)
and providing all the hardware support those OSs use. I don't think it's as
simple as supporting a new header.

Before uploading a new version of the emulator, I would like to hear back
from David to verify that it is a problem, and see if he wants to be the
provide the 'official' versions.

            Mark