[sebhc] H8 game files uploaded

Scott LaBombard labomb at rochester.rr.com
Wed May 5 14:06:32 CDT 2004

Actually, the format needed (under HDOS) is the 'Absolute Binary Format'.
Apparently, this is the a Heathkit specification that includes information
relating to where a given binary should be loaded (perhaps among other
things  ...such as a checksum mechanism). You'll note the .abs file
extension under HDOS.

I've checked the HDOS docs that I have and I see no reference to the
format details. If anyone has such a reference, I'd be interested in seeing
them. I'm quite confident that I can write a quick utility to generate the
appropriate format using either raw binary or Intel hex as the input source.

In terms of cp/m ... a simple Intel-Hex file loader would do the trick. As
per my previous post, you would need a serial port and a terminal emulator
to facilitate the upload (or on the emulator, and IP accessible 'console'). I
use this method extensively on most all of my vintage platforms.

Scott