[sebhc] waking up old computers

Jack Rubin jack.rubin at ameritech.net
Thu May 6 21:54:52 CDT 2004

plus:

1) eyeball the electrolytic caps for swelling/leakage; an ESR meter is a
nice thing to have
2) use a Variac to bring up the power supply (assuming it's a vintage
linear and not a switcher)

take a look at http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/ - see especially the
sections on capacitor and semiconductor testing, as well as flyback
transformers