[sebhc] HASL-8 Bug/Corruption?

Steven Parker sp11 at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 13:21:18 CDT 2004

Since Carroll was able to run HASL-8 past the point in question, I loaded it
up in the (DAW) emulator and looked at those locations...

>It is however getting called! - the offending call instruction is located
>at
>$3961 (071 141). The opcode is C3(303) 21(041) 32(062)

Except that 303 is a JMP, not a CALL.  However, I do see a CALL there (315),
to that address (did you just write it down wrong?)  Maybe this really is a
bug, but one that works on a real H8 (or perhaps if you change your emulator
to ignore undefined codes).  In a real 8080, the eight codes that match 0?0
are all no-ops.

Maybe Carroll would confirm the contents of those locations on his real H8?

By the way, it doesn't run on the DAW emulator even that far - the first key
I hit on the keyboard causes the INT light to go out and it gets lost in
some loop.  I'm guessing there's still some bug in that emulator related to
I/O or interrupt function.

Cheers,

- Steven