[sebhc] Dave Dunfield's H8 emulator

Dave Dunfield dave04a at dunfield.com
Thu May 13 13:03:34 CDT 2004

>> Basically what is happening is that the H8 turns on the
>> buzzer, and is now waiting for a timeout - on a slow machine,
>> the interrupts are happening so infrequently that this takes
>> a LONG time.
>>

>yeah - I've been thinking about upgrading to a 386DX/33 - this may be
>the killer app that pushes me over the edge!
>
>Jack

Hi Jack,

Don't go blow the bank yet - I found a minor bug - in my effort to not
take forever to sync, I kludged the adjustment to be adaptive - ie: if
it's way off, it moves more quickly - however a slow machine starts off
so far from where I default it, that it moves so far it undershoots
0 and wraps to a very slow value - process repeats with indeteriminate
settings fluctuating all over the place and the virtual cpu barely crawls
along ... not a problem is the machine is fast enough that the setting is
fairly high.

Don't have much time today to look further into it, however I will try to
get it fixed by the weekend (or implement the real algorithm).

Regards,
Dave
--
dave04a (at)    Dave Dunfield
com             Vintage computing equipment collector.