[sebhc] Tape images

Carroll Waddell CarrollWaddell at sc.rr.com
Fri May 14 08:49:10 CDT 2004

Let me correct myself. I loaded the tapes into the H8. Then changed the
NORM INTCG switch to INTHG. Then pressed the dump key on the H8. This
sent the tape from memory to my PC just as if I had written another copy
of the tape. The H8 recreates the CRC after the data is written (Done by
PAM-8) and writes the CRC.

About the PID, my memory is a little foggy. I retired from IBM in 92,
but I THINK that PID was Program Information Distribution. Program
changes or updates came on reels of tape. That is the only reason that I
associated the PID with a tape.

Also, if you can find a PAM-8 listing, you can find the routines there
to read, write, generate, and check the data and CRC.
Carroll