[sebhc] Archive disk images/formats

Eric J. Rothfus eric at rothfus.com
Mon May 24 20:28:39 CDT 2004

>> H47:
>>   1 side, 77 track, 26 sector, 128 byte (8 inch)
>
> also:
>
>    1 side, 77 track, 26 sector, 256 byte
>    2 side, 77 track, 26 sector, 128 byte
>    2 side, 77 track, 26 sector, 256 byte

Only the H17 formats Steven listed were labeled as hard-sectored.
Are all of the other above formats soft-sectored?

How about recording density and/or format?  The H17
hard-sectored format is rather distinct FM.  I don't know
the others.  FM?  MFM?  Does anyone know the spec for
soft-sectored disks (or the controller)?  Does it use
simply the Western Digital 1771/1791/1793 controller?

And thanks, Steven, for volunteering to be the
conversion-meister when we get to a settled format!

Eric