[sebhc] H8 Emulator update

Jack Rubin jack.rubin at ameritech.net
Sun May 30 19:20:17 CDT 2004

Steven said:

> I was able to sysgen the "empty.h8d" that I added to
> disk-images/other.
> It's an HDOS 2.0-style initted disk image and I was using
> HDOS 2.0 sysgen.
> I did get a funny message about an illegal .DVD filename
> during the sysgen

I knew I had seen an empty disk image somewhere! Yes, it gen'ed just
fine, though I've gotten a bad DK.DVD error with the same system image
on other occasions (using real disks) - these images are all from Dave
Shaw/Wallace and may be corrupted.

If you would, please tell me how you are dumping real disks to binaries,
even if it is a quick and dirty hack. I've got more stuff I'd like to
try in the emulator, including some original HDOS disks.

Thanks.

Jack