[sebhc] Quick note on my favorite topic - Floppy Formats

Eric J. Rothfus eric at rothfus.com
Mon May 31 23:35:16 CDT 2004

Question for Dave or someone who has used his emulator more
than I:

   - how important is the "volume number" for a diskette?

As we get the floppy format issue settled, we'll probably
need to store the volume number in the image header.
However, I've never really cared much about the volume
number...but someone might.

The way an H17 HS disk is formated, the volume number is
in the sector header.  For track 0, this number is always
0.  For the remaining tracks, it is the volume number of
the floppy.

Eric