[sebhc] h17 and h8d disk images

Dan Lanciani ddl-cctech at danlan.com
Wed Sep 1 15:42:30 CDT 2004

|"Dwight K. Elvey" <dwight.elvey at amd.com> wrote:

| All of the .H8D files that I and others have creates have all been
|in logical sector order. It looks like so far, the ones that
|Dan has created all have logical order, even though created by
|physical order. As long as the images for H8D are kept in logical
|order, we don't have any issues. The potential problem is that
|Dan's method drops the sector headers and could potentially have
|scrambled sectors.

No, really, it couldn't.  Trust me. :)

| I see this a more of a problem for Dan since he has assumed that
|all disk are created with matching physical and logical order.

I don't assume it; I assert it.  If the assertion fails the program will
tell me about it.  The I can either disable the assertion with an option
switch (sacrificing some reliability) or add support for interleaving to
the next sector header prediction code.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl at danlan.*com