[sebhc] h17 and h8d disk images

Dave Dunfield dave04a at dunfield.com
Wed Sep 1 16:34:26 CDT 2004

At 19:15 01/09/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Dave says:
>>Then we don't have to maintain two copies of everything.
>
>We don't .. all the new submissions are in the .h8d format.  And we have
>'disktool' to do conversions.

Ok - my point is that if people are concerned that the header information
is lost with my format, then perhaps it should be stored as .H17 and use
"disktool" to convert it to H8D as required.

>>Also, I've got it in my mind to modify the emulator so that it can boot
>>CP/M ... Presumably I need to add the "RAM at 0" option ... anything else
>>needed?  I don't have any technical info on this - can someone give me a
>>pointer?
>
>I did already!   Here's an excerpt from the previous message:

Ok ---- Now... Is there a copy of CP/M which will boot on an H8 using this
feature, and still use the standard H5 serial board for the console - IIRC,
this features was on an enhanced console board ... I don't want to have to
implement new "virtual unarts" - just add the RAM at 0 option - is there
software which supports this configuration?

Regards,
Dave
--
dave04a (at)    Dave Dunfield
com             Vintage computing equipment collector.