[sebhc] H89 roms

Robin England robin.england at dial.pipex.com
Tue Dec 13 04:53:58 CST 2005

I totally missed that one, Joe. Further checking and the 444-62 that I have
is indeed a TMS 2716JL and the datasheet clearly shows a multi-supply
requirement of +12v, +5v and -5v as you say.

Not surprising that my trusty S4 is having problems reading it (I'm getting
all locations = 00). Looking at the H88/89 schematic I can now see that
there are jumpers to allow the selection of a single-voltage 5v device
instead, which is good news seeing as I don't have a collection of the TMS
parts...

Thanks for looking for the binaries (or intelhex(es)) for the MTR ROMs. I'd
like to get both these machines running again. Even if the original 444-62
is OK, it would be nice to have a backup copy. If you don't have a dump of
this one, I'll look at building a simple reader for it so we can have backup
copies to burn into "normal" 2716s.

Unfortunately I can't offer any help with regards to the H8 PCB you have as
I don't have any H8 stuff, but perhaps something on these HDOS disks I have
here could be of use to you (or anyone) once I get these machines going!

Robin England