[sebhc] H89 roms

Dwight Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Tue Dec 13 13:48:07 CST 2005

>From: "Jack Rubin" <jack.rubin at ameritech.net>
>
>We've got (most?) of the H8 roms in the archives; I'd be glad to add the H89
dumps as well. If nobody else supplies them, I can try to add them sometime
"real soon now".

>  Jack

Hi
 I think most are making this a little hard. We don't need
to remove the ROM from the machine to read it. It is on
the memory bus. We can read it with code and save it to
disk. This can be transfered as an image to a PC or
sent serially to the PC as a file.
 One could quickly write the code to do this in BASIC
or the Forth that I have sent to the library.
 I'd do it but I'll not have access to my machine until
this weekend and I'm not sure what ROM's I have. I'm
not sure if I'll have time to work on it until after
Christmas time. Mine is an early machine without any
mods for CP/M. Still, once we have the transfer coded,
it can be run on any '89 machine.
Dwight