[sebhc] Heath Hardsector disks

Roger Birkholz rogbirk at wiktel.com
Tue Feb 1 05:51:03 CST 2005

I recall an article (possibly Sextant about 1985) about a hardware mod to
the heath drives allowing them to read soft sectored media. I'm kinda rusty
on this but it seems the heath disks had 10 holes, 9 equally spaced and one
of which was half spaced between. The hardware generated the pseudo holes by
some sort of multi-vibrator timed off the single hole. Does that ring a bell
with anyone? Roger B.