[sebhc] IC information

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Mon Feb 28 12:36:08 CST 2005

>From: "Barry Watzman" <Watzman at neo.rr.com>
>
>I don't know, I don't have a data sheet here, but I wanted to raise the
>issue, because I was concerned that for the 79xx regulators, the back metal
>was not at ground and an insulator was required.

---snip---

Hi
 If the original circuit didn't need a heat sink, you don't
need to put one on the 7905. I don't have the board handy
but I think the load was quite small for this regulator
and it should run fine without and heat sink.
 If it does get too hot, you can try one of the clip on
heat sinks that don't need to be hard mounted to the board.
This avoid any issue with the tab not being ground. As
I recall, the 7905 tab had to be isolated from ground.
Dwight