[sebhc] Introduction and Request

James E Cosper jec at jcosper.com
Mon Jan 31 13:11:55 CST 2005

Welcome,

At 11:14 AM 1/31/05 -0600, you wrote:
>By way of introduction, long ago (late 70s) I assembled two H8's and an
>H89. This was my first introduction to computing which led to a career as
>a programmer.  While my interests are all over the board (amateur radio
>WI3C, IFR pilot, linux kernel developer, etc, etc), the H8 remains close
>to my heart.

Sounds familiar,  I started with a SBC Cosmac Elf system,  my first 'real'
computer was a H89,  later I picked up a H8...

>I have purchased an H8 that appears to be in working order, albeit without
>documentation.  If there is anyone out there who can point me in the
>direction of the technical manuals (or additional H8 related hardware), I
>would be very grateful.  I don't know if duplication of manuals is an
>option, but if it is I would be willing to pay for the duplication.

You can find most of the H8 manuals as PDF's here:
http://www.sebhc.org/archive/documents/hardware/H8/

You can use them as is or if you want paper,  you can print them out.

If you don't find what your looking for,  let me know,  I have some manuals
that I will be scanning,  just haven't got to it yet.

Later,     James.