[sebhc] list archive and a specific question

Barry Watzman Watzman at neo.rr.com
Wed Jul 6 11:49:23 CDT 2005

The two drives are not the same.  The Remex drive system had a "master"
drive and a "slave" drive.  The controller was in the master drive, which
talked to the host computer over what amounted to a fancy parallel port.
The drives were very poorly made and the failure rate was abysmal (50% or
so).  You might be able to find a replacement drive somewhere, and if it's
the wrong type (master/slave) swap the PCB.  I'd put in a search for "Remex"
on E-Bay.

Barry