[sebhc] H67-SCSI interface

Lee Hart leeahart at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 13 19:43:15 CDT 2005

West, Ronald S. wrote:

> Barry,
>
> I may have been stating the merely obvious, or even the incredibly
> obvious but not everyone on this email group is an ex Heath (or
> whatever) engineer. I was hoping that putting the details on here
> would spur others to grab an old SCSI drive and see if they could
> get it working, and let the group know what they found.

What is obvious to Barry as lead production engineer from Heath may not
be obvious to others. So, I think it was good of you to post this
information. :-)

I hope it *does* encourge others to experiment with newer SCSI drives on
an H8/H89. I don't have a hard drive on mine at the moment. While I know
the hardware side of interfacing one is pretty straightforward, I'm not
skilled enough to write the software to make it work.

As I said earlier, I *think* that the stock Heath software would be able
to use a SCSI hard drive as if it were a 10meg H67. The hard part is to
figure out how to format and partition some other drive, and the BIOS
changes to allow use of the extra capacity.
--
Ring the bells that you can ring
Forget your perfect offering