[sebhc] Scanning in the HDOS source listings

Barry Watzman Watzman at neo.rr.com
Mon Jun 6 11:51:27 CDT 2005

Not sure who this was addressed to.

I have a scanner with a document feeder, but those source listings are huge
(some of them run to 500 and even 1,000 pages in 2 volumes), double sided
and they were "reduced" from the old 14-inch "green bar" paper, which makes
scanning them a hugely time consuming event.  So far, I have declined to
scan these listings.  Also, the "binding" would have to be broken
(permanently) to do this, they were originally bound with "velo-bind".

If someone really wants this and wants to supply the originals and the
return postage (if they want them back) I might consider it (consider it,
I'm not saying "yes", only "maybe").

Barry Watzman
Watzman at neo.rr.com

[While the source listings as PDF files might be useful, what would be more
useful would be source code files that could be reassembled, created by a
disassembler but then "corrected" using the source code hard copy listings
as a guide.  I would have thought that Pat [Swayne] or Steve [Parker] might
have had the "real" HDOS source code, right out of the software engineering
group.  Or does anyone know where Gregg Chandler is?]