[sebhc] RE: Scanning HDOS source listings

Steven Parker sp11 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:33:58 CDT 2005

>Also, the "binding" would have to be broken
>(permanently) to do this, they were originally bound with "velo-bind".

Yes, but you can reassemble them easily with the velo binder machine at any
Kinko's.

> > what would be more
> > useful would be source code files that could be reassembled, created by
> > disassembler but then "corrected" using the source code hard copy
>listings
> > as a guide.

I was thinking of something similar when I asked for the OCR's.  I was going
to to the other way, assemble and then compare the output with the release.
That way, once you get it fixed up, you have all the comments in the source
already.

>I would have thought that Pat [Swayne] or Steve [Parker] might
>have had the "real" HDOS source code, right out of the software
>engineering group.

I might.  But I've input nearly every 5 1/4" floppy I have already and
haven't seen it.  So if I do have it, it's almost certainly on 8" media and
I don't yet have anything set up to read them with.

Hey, Pat .. "Got HDOS?"  :-)  How about Jim?

Cheers,

- Steven