[sebhc] RE: Scanning HDOS source listings

Dan Lanciani ddl-cctech at danlan.com
Tue Jun 7 11:34:07 CDT 2005

|Yes, but you can reassemble them easily with the velo binder machine at any
|Kinko's.

My HDOS listings already unbound themselves, and I was pretty careful with
them.  I'm surprised any survived fully bound...

|I was thinking of something similar when I asked for the OCR's.  I was going
|to to the other way, assemble and then compare the output with the release.
|That way, once you get it fixed up, you have all the comments in the source
|already.

That would be my preference if they could OCR well enough to assemble in
the first place without excessive manual correction.

|>I would have thought that Pat [Swayne] or Steve [Parker] might
|>have had the "real" HDOS source code, right out of the software
|>engineering group.
|
|I might.  But I've input nearly every 5 1/4" floppy I have already and
|haven't seen it.  So if I do have it, it's almost certainly on 8" media and
|I don't yet have anything set up to read them with.

I have 8" drives.  I'm not sure HDOS is set up to tralk to them, but I
can create images and then extract files with a utility I wrote to read
HDOS file systems.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl at danlan.*com