[sebhc] Z-37 Diag Disk

Lee Hart leeahart at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 20 19:54:37 CST 2005

Barry Watzman wrote:

> Almost has to be a data separator problem.  Your communication to the FDC
> chip over the bus is good, it's hard to think of anything other than the
> data separator.

Agreed. I can talk to the registers inside the 1797 just fine, and I can
read/write the parallel bits that select and control the drives fine.
But something is going wrong in the data separator and read circuitry
between the 1797 and the disk drive flat cable. There are no bad chips,
all the logic lines are swinging high/low (no open or shorted lines),
and yet it STILL won't work!
has!" -- Margaret Mead
--
Lee A. Hart  814 8th Ave N  Sartell MN 56377  leeahart_at_earthlink.net