[sebhc] Z37 Calibration

Mark Garlanger garlangr at verizon.net
Mon Mar 28 22:59:11 CST 2005

I started installing the board and have a few additional questions.  In the
Install manual, it says the PROM 444-84 belongs in socket U518, but the
three extra PROMs, which I received with the board didn't include one with
that number. Two matched the manual and the extra one not specified in the
manual says 444-142. I'm assuming this one supersedes the 444-84, since the
system Lee built for me has that PROM already inserted in that position
(along with the correct two PROMs for the other two locations), can anyone
verify that this is correct?

Also, the manual mentions a '20-pin plug with jumper' to replace the chip in
socket U558. I didn't get that piece. Is it simply a jumper between pins 1 &
8 (what it appears from the illustration)? Or is it something more?

Luckily, the equipment I received included the 16-conductor cable.

The only other thing I'm missing is the cable from the Z-89-37 to the back
of the case.

Once, get these issues sorted out, I should be able to finish the install,
although I'll probably need to see if someone at work has an oscilloscope I
can borrow.

		Thanks,
		  Mark