[sebhc] H89 docs

Barry Watzman Watzman at neo.rr.com
Fri May 20 03:58:08 CDT 2005

Lee, it is the FCC class B that is the stricter standard.  And my
recollection is that there are only two versions, that the Heath and Zenith
"A" products are identical, and both meet class B.  The FCC made a ruling
that all PCs had to meet class B, the tighter standard, regardless of the
intended use or market.

I would not suggest cutting the schematics apart.  The solution is a large
format scanner.  Kinko's has these, but they charge $25 just to scan one
page.  Richard Pestinger had University Library access to one of these and
scanned the Z-100 schematics, perhaps he can do the same for the Z89
schematics if he still has such access.

Barry Watzman