[sebhc] Re: Cassette software tapes for H-8

Steven Parker sp11 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 5 21:52:00 CDT 2006

>I don't know how much storage the archives are allowed, but if someone
>wants to make the recordings of the cassettes, and they are too big,
>I have web space that can be used to store them.

>>Would it work you captured the digitalized sound from the tape (with a
>>sound card), then recorded that sound file back to a new tape? If it does,
>>that would be a nice way to also archive tapes.

Seems like it would be reasonably simple to convert the tape image files
into wav files on demand, so we'd just need to archive the utility along
with the tape images we already have, and then you could make tapes from
your pc sound card.

I remember this coming up before, maybe there is such a utility around
already?   If not, I could put one together when I get a chance (but it may
take a llittle while for me to get to it).

The other question .. does anyone have tapes not yet in the archive to add?

-- Steven