[sebhc] H17-3 Power supply

Barry Watzman Watzman at neo.rr.com
Sat Jul 29 16:39:04 CDT 2006

With no diode bridge (or with wires for 2 of the diodes), you would be
putting AC instead of DC into the unit.  This could be catastrophic, it
could destroy not only the power supply, but the drives.

Almost any power diode will work.  You need a maxiumum of a couple of amps
per drive, so say 6 amps max (but probably not really that much), the
voltages are all low (50 volt diodes would be fine).

If the diodes are used in a full wave bridge, then the single square part
would also work.