[sebhc] Diskette Drives

Barry Watzman Watzman at neo.rr.com
Sat Jun 17 17:17:23 CDT 2006

They didn't exist.  And, actually, most of the SA-400's (as far as I know
the only 35-track drives) would do 40 tracks .... just send it more stepping
pulses after the 35th track (the stepping mechanism, a wheel with a spiral
groove in it, didn't end that abruptly).  But alignment for 35 and 40 tracks
drives was the same.  Track 0 was in the same place, the track-to-track
spacing was the same, there were just 5 more tracks on the center(inside) of
the media.