[sebhc] Re-creating actual floppies from archive

Dwight Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Thu Mar 16 12:15:09 CST 2006

Hi
 I'm looking for a mini one with 26 flex w connector
on it. I know Teac made some of these but I don't
know the model numbers. I have a lap top with
a NEC drive and I've tried several others that were
removed from lap tops. All have issue ( different
or I'd suspect the laptop ). One even works
fine as long as one reads and writes on a disk formatted
on that drive. The disk doesn't work on other drives.
Yes, it has an alignment problem. The only thing is that
there is no normal alignment adjustment and I don't
have either an analog or digital alignment disk :(
A search on the web shows them at $80.
Dwight