[sebhc] archive additions

Stanley Webb spamspike at comcast.net
Tue Mar 21 18:03:06 CST 2006

Dave Wallace,
I have successfully converted the H8d format to David Shaw's H17
format using a Chipmunk Basic (free/donation) for Macintosh. I
guessed the 400KB images might just be the data in consecutive
sectors without headers. It appears that is right since when I added
the 16 byte header from an H17 image and replaced the volume number
in the header the images converted successfully. At least for HDOS
images, that is.   My simple but effective code follows.  By the way
thanks for keeping Dave's site online.

Dim rawdisk(102400)
dim header(16)
Print "This Chipmunk Basic program converts a raw 400K H17 disk image
to"
Print "H8 Emulator's H17 format by adding header bytes to image."
Print
Print "Is that what you want? y or n"
get answer$
if answer$ <> "y" then quit
print "Press Key to Open Source File..."
get answer$
open "SFGetFile" for data input as #1
print "Press key to open Output file
get answer$
open "SFPutFile" for data output as #2
i=0
for i= 1 to 102400
byte = fgetbyte( 1 )
rawdisk(i) = byte
next i
for i= 0 to 15
read header(i)
next i
data &hff,&hc0,0,0,1,40,10
data 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
header(3) = rawdisk(9*256+0) :'volume serial number
for i = 0 to 15
fputbyte header(i), # 2
next i
for i = 1 to 102400