[sebhc] Drives

Carroll Waddell carrollwaddell at sc.rr.com
Mon May 8 06:43:14 CDT 2006

Barry Watzman wrote:
> The Siemens / Wangco drives were also used by Cromemco.
>
> But it may be easier to replace the existing drives with 3 other matching
> drives.  Basically, with proper jumpering, any 5.25" 48tpi drive can be used
> (e.g. you can use 360K "PC" drives).

Yes. I currently have 3 IBM PC drives running in the system. But I
really was looking to restore it back to the original Heath (Siemens)
drives if I could find any. I've noticed several TRS80 Model III on
Ebay. They show 2 full height drives, but I don't know what kind they are.
Thanks for the response.
Carroll

BTW - I'm currently working on a PC Program called H8WARE that emulates
the H19 terminal, a serial printer, a File to File transfer system
between H8 and PC, and tape emulation. I have part of it working now.
Also, I'm writing a PC program BIN2HEX to create INTEL HEX format files
that can be transferred to H8 CP/M PIP. All the BIN2HEX programs that I
have found on the net won't work with the CP/M LOAD command.
More later.