[sebhc] HDOS sysgen questions (and problems)

Mark Garlanger garlanger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 16:08:54 CDT 2006

On 10/17/06, Bob Shannon <bshannon at tiac.net> wrote:
> Ok, I'm stumped here!
>
> How do I make a bootable system disk under HDOS?
>
> I'm able to init and pass media check on a 'blank' floppy.
>
> But when I SYSGEN/M, and attempt to boot the resulting
> diskette, nothing happens.

At this point try pressing the space bar 3-4 times, it's to determine
baud rate, there is set commands to not require it, I'm not sure if
SYSGEN/M is some how reseting that option, but it's worth a try. I had
seen this with some of the disks I had (HDOS distribution disks). I
thought the disks had gone bad - I then attempted to mount them, and
they worked fine... then I remember about the space bar and that fixed
the problem.
Mark