[sebhc] upload games & Pascal Rule breakdown below pts rule name description ---- ---------------------- -------------------------------------------------- 0.75 BSF_RULE_7580C BODY: Custom Rule 7580C 0.75 BSF_RULE_7580G BODY: Custom Rule 7580G 0.75 BSF_RULE_7580D BODY: Custom Rule 7580D

Dan Lanciani ddl-cctech at danlan.com
Thu Sep 14 02:11:28 CDT 2006

|  Thanks for those files, I finally got some blank (hard-sectored)
|media and was able to create the space odyssey disk. Is yours the
|original and does it state that it's for both HDOS and CP/M?

Yes, & yes.  I was even able to run it on a non-Heath cp/m system
(with an H19) at one time... 20+ years ago...

|I saw a
|picture of some other original Evryware disks that stated support for
|both HDOS and CP/M on the label. I'm not sure how they did that,

As I recall they had a file on one OS of space to hold the other's used
sectors.  It wasn't too hard.

|but I
|tried Odyssey under HDOS and had no problems. When I tried to use it
|under CP/M, I can see the directory, it correctly states that the
|executable is odyssey.COM (under HDOS it correctly shows it as a
|odyssey.ABS). So I'm assuming this IS one of Evryware's dual OS disks,
|but when I tried to run under CP/M, I get a "BAD LOAD" error message.

It's possible that my own transfer mechanism caused some problem, but
I doubt it.

|Maybe there is some limitation on the disk transfer program that
|prevents this from working (or I used the transfer program incorrectly
|- I didn't specify volume number, do I need to in this case).

I haven't looked at that program, so I'm not sure.

|If you
|have the original, can you see if your disk works in both HDOS and
|CP/M?

I have the original, but unfortunately my H8 isn't in working order at
the moment.  I imaged the disks on a different machine using an (IMHO)
clever hardware hack to get an MFM controller to read the raw bits.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl at danlan.*com