[sebhc] New Heathkit H89 owner with many questions...

Mark Garlanger garlanger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 01:21:19 CDT 2006

The H37 was the only one offered by Heath. I  remembered some 3rd
party controllers were available - a quick scan though one of the old
Remark magazines (Dec 83) shows that C.D.R Systems had one that
controlled soft-sectored 5.25" drives. About the board it says: "Your
hard sectored 5.25" disks can be reformatted and used as soft sectored
double density disks." It also controlled 8" drives. The other ad I
see is from Magnolia Microsystems, it doesn't explicitly state
soft-sectored, but does say "four 5" SS or DS, 48- or
96-track-per-inch (40- or 80- track) drives at both single and double
recording densities." That one also supported four 8" drives.

Mark