[sebhc] Status of HUG's Remarks.

Jack Rubin jack.rubin at ameritech.net
Mon Feb 5 07:13:29 CST 2007

When we started SEBHC it was with exactly the same observation that
Barry made - while there is a continuing Heathkit corporate entity, they
seem to be making no effort to preserve their copyrights. Manuals and
software are found all over the net and no-one at Heath _seems_ to care.
That is also the reason that the SEBHC archives are "members only" - we
want to be clear that we are interested in archiving material for
hobbyist use and have no commercial interest in copying or distributing
this material.

I haven't been in touch with Charles Floto, the publisher of Sextant,
for several years but I assume (hope) that he is alive and well. To the
best of my knowledge, he still lives in the Washington, DC area. I'll
follow up with him regarding archiving copies of the Sextant if people
are interested. Speaking for myself, scanning copies of magazines for
the archive is a very low priorty at the moment. Too little time, too
much stuff to do.

The editor/publisher of HSCOOP died several years ago. I've tried to
contact his family unsuccessfully several times and would have no
problem hosting scans of the publication, again with the clear
understanding that the material would be removed immediately if the
present copyright owner objected.

Jack