[sebhc] Hard-sectored disks

Peter Shkabara peter59 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 9 15:37:42 CST 2007

After all these years, our memory becomes more volatile! If mine is still
functioning correctly, I seem to remember that Micropolis made a floppy
drive that used 16 had sector disks. The version I am thinking about was
designed to work with an S-100 bus system - kind of generic. When I first
got my H89, the floppy system was not yet available, so I bought a
Micropolis package and was going to adapt it. However, the drive mechanisms
were not as good as I had hoped for, so I gave up the project and returned
the drives to the vendor (cost me a restocking fee).

Peter Shkabara
peter59 at sbcglobal.net