[sebhc] ET/ETA-3400 ROM-Dump Help

Peter Hofmann peter.hofmann at teleweb.at
Mon Feb 19 09:23:45 CST 2007

Paul,

Many thanks for your answer! Concerning the ROMs:
444-17 ... 1KB mask programmed ROM (the very first monitor in the ET3400)
444-76 ... 2KB NMOS 2316 ROM >don't know if monitor/expanded
monitor/tinybasic< ???
444-25 ... 2KB NMOS 2316 ROM terminal monitor
444-24 ... 2KB NMOS 2316 ROM tinybasic - installed in the expansion box
ETA-3400 - U106
444-51 ... 2KB NMOS 2316 ROM terminal monitor FANTOM II HEATH/WINTEK -
installed in the
                             expansion box ETA-3400 - U105

The interesting address ranges are
1400-2300H ... includes expanded monitor + tinybasic
F800-FFFFH ... standard monitor
You can check with the keys EXAMine + address the contents of the ROMs,
which should look

1400 ... 0F CE 10 6F 86 ... (expanded monitor)
1C00 ... 7E 1D 00 1D E1 ... (tinybasic)

In case you see these contents, it will be fine!
If the data pattern looks at all above mentioned addresses equal, then I
think that you will not have the expansion box.

In case you have the expansion box, the procedure to generate the dump will
be:

Using a PC as terminal is the easiest way. The Windows uitility
>HYPERTERMINAL< will be quite good for a terminalemulation. With this tool
the complete dialog and also the dump command on the et3400 can be stored in
a file.

 Steps on the ET-3400/ETA-3400 after starting the terminalemulation (speed
parameter ... should be setup before)on the pc:

 + Switch on the equipment
 + RESET (message on hex-display CPU UP)
 + DO 1400 cr (start FANTOM II monitor -> MON>)
 + MON>P 1400,23FF cr (punch/dump FANTOM II + Tiny Basic - addressrange 1400
   23FF)
 + MON>P F800,FFFF cr (punch/dump monitor - addressrange F800 to FFFF)

 Close file in the emulator. This generated file will be appreciated very
much.

In case you have an eprom burner, it will be quite easier to prepare the
(HEX-)dumps. At first I will recommend to check the addresses.

Many, many thanks in advance for your offered help. It is NOT urgent,
because I am looking now for two years to find anyone on the globe, who can
help me.

peter