[sebhc] ET-3400A Repaired

peter b. nelson peter at peternelson.com
Tue Feb 27 08:24:26 CST 2007

Paul,
    Thanks for the updates.  I subscribed to this list after buying an
old ET3400A, and it's been nice to read some relevant postings lately.
    My own recent "repair" issue was this: after not using the ET3400A
for several months, I went to demo it to my brother-in-law, and
naturally it didn't work.  It seemed to be resetting itself 100
times/second -- all it showed was a flickering "CPU UP".  Slapping it
down, hard, on the table seemed to stabilize it enough to demo, but it
still did an auto-reset every ten minutes, erasing my program and
displaying "CPU UP".
    Fortunately, removing and re-seating all the chips solved the
problem.  It's currently at about two weeks uptime, with no issues.

Yours Truly
Peter Nelson