[sebhc] H90

Bill Beech (NJ7P) nj7p at nj7p.org
Sun May 13 19:36:25 CDT 2007

Barry,

This is why I spend money buying old army manuals for some of the more
common radios.  Then I don't feel bad about sanding the binding off to
feed it to the ADF.  Have to make sure those lending me manuals
understand that this is what is going to happen.  I store the scanned
manuals i own in manila envelopes.

My worry is that we are loosing this stuff to landfills, etc, and it is
a bit of history that needs to be preserved.  That is why I have been
buying old computers and trying to add them to the SIMH emulators.
Problem there is dealing with a front panel like the H8 or simple
memory-mapped video like the early PC's.  I am currently working on an
8088 emulator to emulate my Godbout 8085/8088 machine which still
works.  After 20 years of storage in a garage, the 8-inch floppies are
still readable!

Bill