[sebhc] H89 BOOT SUCCESS

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 23:21:15 CDT 2007

>From: Lee Hart <leeahart at earthlink.net>
>
>The problem is not from the flyback switching supply; it is from the
>radiated magnetic field from the deflection yoke on the neck of the CRT. It
>is relatively close to the disk drive, and by nature, disk drives are
>sensitive to magnetic fields. That's what the mu-metal shield was for
>between the disk drive and yoke.

Hi
I agree, the magnetic fields can cause havic for floppy drives. A
surprise to most is that these stray magnetic fields have a greater
effect on writing to the disk than they do to readingthe disk.
I'm not sure what the physics is that causes this difference
but experiments that I've done in the past show this.
Dwight