[sebhc] RE: H8 tapes for Dave - archiving tapes?

Steven Parker sp11 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 17:59:58 CDT 2004

> >> Input from anyone else on best practices for audio tape
> >> archiving would be appreciated.

Storing the data in files makes the most sense to me.  When the H-17 first
came out, I wrote a utility to save cassette data onto disk files, and then
later load them back from the floppy.  It was distributed by HUG.

If you really needed the audio, once it's loaded in again you can make a
fresh dump.

On my previous request, I just wanted to be sure that it's clear that I'm
just looking for hex dumps or binary data files of the ROM's (PAM-8, PAM8GO,
H-17, and PAM-37), and not actual chips.  The files can just be emailed.

Cheers,

- Steven