[sebhc] domain registration

Svoboda, Roger - Chapman Computer Networking rsvoboda at Covington.k12.ky.us
Fri Apr 16 13:39:02 CDT 2004

If you want to do an inexpensive domain registration, try www.godaddy.com
and go for a .us for $4.95/yr or .com for $6.95/yr

I have several with them and I like the way they do business...

Roger Svoboda
Cisco Networking Academy Instructor
Chapman Career and Technical Center
a part of Holmes High School
2500 Madison Avenue
Covington, KY 41014
859-655-9545x6582
rsvoboda at covington.k12.ky.us <mailto:rsvoboda at covington.k12.ky.us>

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Rubin [mailto:jack.rubin at ameritech.net]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 1:55 PM
To: sebhc at staunch89er.com
Subject: Re: [sebhc] ROM images, sebhc ftp

PAM8GO was the next rev of PAM8 - on a PAM8 machine, you have to manually
load the program counter with the H17 ROM entry point and then do a JMP to
boot the system (a fair number of keystrokes - reset, reg, pc, alter,
0,3,0,0,0,0,alter, go). PAM8GO just forced the entry point into the PC and
let you boot by with a reset, go. Doesn't seem like a big deal until you've
had to reboot a couple dozen times. By the time XCON and Z37 came along you
could even choose primary and secondary controllers and boot devices!

The ftp site is pretty much set up but I'm still dawdling on the domain
registration. I'll should be able to post an IP address pretty soon even
though the URL won't be ready for a couple of days.

Your RAW dump utility is one of the first things I want to get on line!

Jack

"Dwight K. Elvey" <dwight.elvey at amd.com> wrote:
>From: "Jack Rubin"
>
>Steven,
>
>I can dump the ROMs from my H8 as a text file using DBUG - not pretty,
>but I expect you're kind of used to that! My system is a "classic" so I
>can provide PAM8 and H17; Eric Rothfus has a Z80 running so he should be
>able to come up with PAM37, but I don't know about PAM8GO.

Hi Jack
Many of us can read our EPROM's directly through programmers.
I'll read a bunch of stuff this weekend and get them in Intel
hex format ( easy to read by both humans and programmers ).

>What format is best, given the DBUG options - octal, byte, word, etc.? I
>did take a peak at the H17 ROM last night and saw the JGL HEATH tag at
>the end - with all that extra space, he could have squeezed in another
>function!
>
>I was really hoping to come up with clean files that could be used to
>reburn functional ROMs, which is why I was after chip types - I don't
>want to destroy my working set with the wrong voltage or pin settings. I
>wouldn't mind a copy of PAM8GO myself - it would preserve my keytops!
>Sounds like this is what Carroll will be able to provide.
>
>I also have the source listings for several of these ROMs, but I'm
>assuming you want the actual dumps rather than the listings.

We should get the listings posted on line as well. Of course,
it'd be great to get them in text format but images are good
as well.

What is PAM8GO?

Dwight

>Jack