[sebhc] hard sector substitute

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Mon Jul 12 11:59:49 CDT 2004

Hi
 I think you guys are getting a little carried away.
A simple manual system is all that is needed unless
you expect to go into production. One can make a simple
manual punch with a section of drill stock and something
as simple as a brass block to guide it. One can put some
holes on the pulley to use as detent stops to align the
punch on the disk.
 When I find time, that is exactly what I intend to do.
I have all the parts and I'm just waiting for the time
to deal with it. This isn't a high tech problem.
Dwight