[sebhc] PIP

Carroll Waddell CarrollWaddell at sc.rr.com
Thu Jul 15 18:19:07 CDT 2004

West, Ronald S. wrote:

>Probably most of us. Fire away
>
>Ron

I have my old CP/M programs stored as images on a PC. These are binary
(object) images. I'm trying to use PIP to create a file on my H8 from
the PC.  The only thing I have been able to transfer so far are ASCII
files. When I try to transfer a COM file (first is MBASIC.COM) it stops
at the first Control Z (026).  According to my CP/M book, you can
specify an input as an object file [O].  The book I have says that PIP
also monitors the keyboard so that you can end the transfer by pressing
Ctrl Z, but PIP is ignoring the keyboard. The book also says that you
can tell PIP to quit copying when it encounters a certain string which
you can specify followed by Ctrl Z. I haven't been able to make that
work either. In summary, I'm simply trying to transfer all my old CP/M
programs from the hard drive on my PC to a 10 hard sector diskette. So
far, no joy.
Carroll