[sebhc] My H8 Systems

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Tue Jun 1 13:55:58 CDT 2004

>From: "Dwight K. Elvey" <dwight.elvey at amd.com>

---snip---
>a good idea to over load the outputs ). It took me a while
>to realize that some idiot had installed the wrong kind of
>terminators. The Siemens drives use the kind that has the
>common lead to pin 14 and not the straight through type.
>I installed a correct termiantor and now thing are working
>fine. I was able to check out my code and find the best sequence
>to get it working correctly.
>Dwight

Hi
 I should have noted here that one should always place write
protects tags on your disk when working in an unknown system.
The incorrect terminators, in my case, caused the \WGATE signal
to be low. This erased the data on two of my disks. Luckily, in
my case, both disks had been backed up with my H89LDR so
restoring them wasn't an issue. One needs to be especially
careful with software that one doesn't know what the disk may
contain. We need to save as many of these jewels as possible.
Dwight